Ten Books Every Aspiring World Changer Should Read
Looking for some new sources of inspiration to ignite your blogging passion and guide you in the right direction? Today, I’m sharing 10 popular (and highly rated) books about data, story telling, and behavioral psychology that every aspiring world-changer should add to their arsenal.
Each of these books covers an important aspect of understanding and implementing powerful campaigns that lead of serious change. These books have rocked my world and each been instrumental in my development of my course “How to Save the World in 10 Steps”. The reason why we need to read different books to what most entrepreneurs read is that creating social change (which involves behaviors) is different to selling services or things. We trade in a different currency, which has it’s own knowledge base.
Here is the unique reading list for people who want to change the world. I hope it brings you much inspiration, creativity, and deeper intellectual understanding of the mechanisms of change 🙂
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness
- Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior Change: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing
- Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Full Disclosure: The Perils and Promise of Transparency
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
- The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition
- Designing for Behavior Change: Applying Psychology and Behavioral Economics